When I say “San Juan Islands,” you think: ___________________
Let me guess–did you think about one of the following?
- the color blue
- seemingly unreal sunsets
- a combination of the above
This place is within a day’s drive, and it’s the stuff that fills our dreams. Seriously, every time I ask how someone’s trip to the San Juan’s went, they have this far-away look in their eyes, like they went on the most exotic vacation of their lives. And whales are mentioned EVERY time.
Have you taken advantage of the islands’ proximity to Eugene? No? How do you go about enjoying the best the islands have to offer all in one trip? We’ll tell you how–come sail them with us! We’re going on a week-long sailing adventure, and hitting five islands along the way.
You can read all about the details on the attached document, but here are main points to keep in mind:
- You must register by May 1st
- The trip is September 19th-26th
- Pre-trip meeting on April 29th, from 6-7:30 at the River House
- You do not need sailing experience, but must commit to contributing to the sail crew in a variety of ways
- Optional American Sailing Association certification available
Any questions? Contact the River House staff by calling, stopping by, or commenting on our Facebook page!